GMC is run by Tony Guy who has over 40 years experience as a director and senior manager in the automotive, foundry and executive furniture industries of which over 25 years were as an independent consultant. He works where he can implement his recommendations, often starting with a project and then as an interim manager.
GMC work mainly in the manufacturing and associated industries and specialises in all aspects of the introduction of 'World Class Manufacturing' which entails a great deal of training and culture change at management. staff and shop floor levels. They are one of the few who have actually introduced and operated a "lean manufacturing company. GMC master minds these changes and leaves a management team able to continue their newfound success and continue to increase profits.
Tony Guy is a highly skilled, results orientated and versatile senior manufacturing consultant interim manager with an impressive track record with blue chip companies such as BTR Dunlop, Unipart Industries, Wagon Industrial, Manganese Bronze, Birmid Qualcast and Invensys (Siebe-Compair).
For over 30 years he has undertaken projects at senior position improving profitability, changing the culture of the company with his knowledgeable, people orientated, approach. Many of the assignments start as projects and develop into a senior interim management position
- Ability to turnaround company profitability within 6 months
- An excellent motivator of teams through 'hands on' approach, high energy, enthusiasm and professional ability.
- A detailed and practical knowledge of how to implement all aspects of 'World Class Manufacturing' objectives.
- An ability to analyse the problems and recommend the correct solution particularly in productivity improvements.
- A record of implementing what he recommends
GMC Business Sectors
- AUTOMOTIVE VEHICLE MANUFACTURING
- AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS - FIRST TIER SUPPLY
- AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS - SECOND TIER SUPPLY
- AUTOMOTIVE RE-MANUFACTURING
- NON AUTOMOTIVE
- PROCESS INDUSTRY
World Class Manufacturing
Achieved through . . .
- Culture change through modern flexible pay schemes
- Employee Involvement
- Cellular Manufacturing- One piece flow & SMED
- Just in time techniques
- Lean Manufacturing
- Total Quality Involvement QS9000, Ford Q
- Performance Measurement
· Total Productive maintenance
· Project Management
- ISO 900 (Quality) & ISO400 (Environmental)
- Investor in People
- Continuous Improvement - Kaizen